Yamaha MT 15 is the most awaited bike after the Yamaha R15 V3 has been launched in India few days back. MT series is quite popular for its Hyper Design. The design in the Indian version is same as the International Verison with some changes like upside down front forks.
The full form of ‘MT‘ is ‘Master of Torque‘. Its uses the same engine the R15 V3 gets.
Now, You might be wondering!! then why it is called Master of Torque.
Yes, Yamaha has retained the name for what it is known for, it gets bigger chain sprocket with more number of teeth which improves the torque and gives it a good acceleration.And, also the ESU has been tuned to improve the lower end torque. To bring out the best Torque availability from the MT 15.
However, the disappoint is that its gets Single Channel ABS, despite of being pricing it near to R15 V3 which gets Dual Channel ABS.
Its gets Bi-Function LED headlight and two winglets like DRL at the top of the headlight which gives it a sharp aggressive looks. This design is completely new in the market and certainly a head turner.
Yamaha MT 15 Features-
- MT gets the same R15 V3 VVA technology engine which gives out good power and maintain a good mileage.
- Its get Single Channel ABS as a safety features.
- Bi Functional LED headlight and two LED DRLS which gives a thrilling character to the bike and also Yamaha claimed to provide good illumination at night. The tail light is also a LED unit.
- MT 15 gets assist and slipper clutch so that the clutch pull effort is reduce and maintain smooth gear shifting.
- MT 15 gets all new Negative LCD display with features like gear shift indicator and many more.
Yamaha MT 15 Specification-
- Yamaha MT 15 is powered with 155 CC 4 stroke SOHC 4 Valve liquid cooled engine that produces max. power output 19.3 PS @ 10,000 RPM and 14.7 Nm of peak torque @ 8500 RPM with 6 speed gear transmission.
- The fuel type is Fuel Injected. Thus, Yamaha is only one manufacturer in current market which is providing FI engine except the SZ-RR in the 150cc category and above.
- The overall dimension of the MT 15 is (2020 x 800 x 1070) mm (l x b x h).
- The wheelbase of the MT 15 is 1335 mm and bigger than R15 V3.
- The seat height is 810 mm and the ground clearance is 155 mm.
- Its gets the same Deltabox Frame.
- Its gets Telescopic Forks at the front and at the rear its gets mono shock suspension, the suspension is stiffed type.
- MT 15 gets dual disc brake, the front one is 282 mm and the rear one is 220 mm, with Single Channel ABS.
- The kerb Weight of the MT 15 is only 138 Kg (including full oil and oil tank), which is less compared to other 150cc bikes.
Yamaha MT 15 Color Options-
Mt 15 is available in two color options-
- Dark Matt Blue
- Metallic Black.
Both the picture of colours are given above…. Check for more details.
Yamaha MT 15 Price-
The ex-showroom price for the MT 15 in Delhi is Rs. 1,36,000.
Must Read- Yamaha FZ V3(FZS-FI & FZ-FI)
Yamaha MT 15 Accessories available-
Yamaha is providing some accessories with the MT 15. They have different cost for different item. Contact dealer for price information. Here, is the list of accessories for MT 15 official list-
- Tank Pad
- Seat Cover
- Tandem Footrest
- Skid Plate
- USB charger
- Mobile Holder
- Polo Shirts with MT logo on it
- MT logo Sticker
- Key Chain with MT logo on it
The bike no doubt a good bike. The performance of the bike is quite good and ahead of some 150cc. But, the pricing made it not a value for money bike. Under the price point of MT 15 you have good options like NS200, RTR 200 etc. If you are a guy who can go out of the value of money proposition and thinks about some unique in the market go ahead.
At the MT 15 price point, buyers are not price conscious. Hence, it all depend on the buyer, what he is looking for.
Also Read- Xtreme 200R
Do Comment and Share !!