Best Tail Bag and tank bag are the best way to carry luggage on two wheeler. There is a option of Saddle bag also, but if you are not a experience rider then try to avoid them. Because in saddle bag they occupy space from both sides- right and left, And in the time of overtaking or when you are less aware of saddle bag (for e.g. in traffic), this might be sometime fatal for your life also.
Tail bag also occupy some space in left and right but that is less as compared to that of saddle bag. Also, tail bag perfectly fits in the bike seat more easy installation.
Also, if you are traveling along, then tank bag along with a tail bag are enough to carry your luggage for 10-15 days(according normal backpacking).
This days many companies are producing tail bag as motorcycle riding is getting more popular and popular. In the market, there are a lots of tail bag available in different volume. And, you should choose the right one for you.
What to check before buying a tail bag?
- First of all, the ‘quality’–because when you are on a ride you can’t compromise on quality.
- Luggage compartment(pocket) for ease of diving your luggage and important document.
- Select the right volume.
- Check how many straps are given.
Best Tail Bag you can buy-
Guardian Gear Rhino Tail Bag-
Guardian Gear Rhino is a 70 L tail bag with multiple compartment. The bag weight is 1.67 kg. The overall dimension of the bag is 42.5 x 41.1 x 14.7 cm.
The bag comes with two straps- tail straps and compression straps.
- Heavy YKK zippers and slider
- Heat resistance fabric used on the base.
- Triple stitching on all the joint
- Foam padding on all sides and comes with 3M reflective taping.
ViaTerra Claw – Motorcycle Tail Bag
This Viaerra Claw tail bag capacity is of 62 L.This bag is also equipped with multiple compartment.The bag is also equipped with multiple straps.
The dimension of the bag is 69 x 35 x 41 cm and weighs 1.8 kg.
- Have YKK zipper for good and ease use
- 3 Point Anchoring System that ensures proper stress distribution
- Have 3M reflective tape.
- Have multiple compartment.
- Easy to carry
TREK ‘N’ RIDE Polyester 40 L
This is the smallest bag in our list. This bag look more like a suitcase. This can easily fit in the back seat of your bike with ease. There are multiple pockets for keeping stuffs. This is also overall a good product.
- Not much bulky (40 L)
- Comes with rain cover.
- Easy to setup
- Good built quality made of polyester.
- 3M reflective tape for safety in night riding.
Also Check- best mobile holder for bikes
This is the last tail bag in our list of the best tail bag for bike. The shape and size of the Dirtsack is quite good. There are multiple straps on the bag.
Overall a good tail bag you can buy.
- 1000 Den non rubberizedPU coated ballistic polyester main shell
- YKK zipper for ease of use
- 3M reflective tape .
- The bag has multiple zipper.
How to mount tail bag in your bike?
I think you have heard about bungee cord, Yes they are very useful in tying luggage with the bike. You need minimum 2 bungee cord to attach luggage, and to make if proof tie with 4 so when you are leaning left and right your luggage is completely safe.
The above link is a set of 4 good quality of bungee cord for proper tying of luggage.
Here, is the list of the best tail bag you can buy. Hope this list helped you with your buying decision.
Feel free to comment down your experience or related things in the comment section !!