Recently Royal Enfield have updated their Classic 300 model with dual channel ABS, and the same they are doing with the Himalayan. Yes, you are right the Himalayan is getting a dual channel ABS as an option. Now, the question arises that wheather the Himalayan gets switchable ABS or not ?
The popular adventure bike Himalayan which have a good sales no. was missing an ABS. The Dominor which is a big competitor of the Himalayan comes with ABS from the time of its launch. Himilayan being an adventure bike should offer a switchable ABS. But the international variant offer ABS not an optional ABS. What do you think ? Is this is smart-move by Royal Enfield. Please comment it down…
Royal Enfield Himalayan : Highlights
- Himalayan is powered with 411 cc single-cylinder engine which gives power output of 24.5 bhp @ 6500 rpm and max. torque of 32 Nm @ 4250 rpm.
- 5 speed gear box is available, but the additional of 1 more gear could increase the highway cruising comfort.
- You can expect a mileage of 30-35 kmpl from this bike.
- Headlight is halogen type 12 V H4 bulb with output of 60/55 W.
- It doesn’t come with alloy, instead it get spoke wheel which are reliable than alloy wheel in long run.
- Tube type tyre comes with the himalayan, they should give it tubeless tyre considering every motorcycle comes with tubeless tyre now a days.
- Seat height is 800 mm.
- Ground Clearance is 220 mm which is more than sufficient.
- It have 15 Litre Fuel tank capacity.
- And the kerb weight is 191 kgs.
Royal Enfield Himalayan ABS : Price
The ABS variants would cost you 11,000 more(INR). Price start at Rs. 1.78 lakhs for white and black variants and Rs 1.8 lakhs for Sleet ABS variants.
RE has done great job by introducing ABS. Now, it becomes a good package for adventure bike buyers. Also RE can provide tubeless tyre to the bike which will be a great addition.
Also read– Royal Enfield Classic 300