Today, 14th of November, Honda India has announced the launch of the Activa 125 BS-VI and the Shine SP 125 BS-VI. In this post I will cover the Shine SP 125 BS-VI. Honda India has made many changes in bike which might increase their market share in 125 CC category bike already crowded with competition from Hero and Bajaj.
Honda claims that the new BS-VI Shine SP will give 16% more mileage than the BS-IV one. And, at the same time pollution will be less.
Honda has now given Shine SP a more sharper design, a all new DC LED headlight setup, and a all new digital speedometer, which earlier used to be analog and digital console. The new speedometer now comes with lots of more features which I will discuss in very short time.
Honda Shine SP 125 BS-VI features-
- Honda has also updated the bike with Honda’s 19 new patent, rather than giving it only BS-VI complied engine. To meets the BS-VI norms, Honda has to introduce with fuel ignition and a catalytic converter.
- The motorcycle is powered by 125 CC single cylinder 4 stroke engine that produces max. p power output of 10.7 bhp @ 7500 rpm and peak torque of 10.9 Nm @ 6000 rpm with 5 speed gear transmission. The fuel delivery system is now fuel injected and comes with 8 sensors for better mixture of air and oil.
- And, Honda has given start/stop switch.
- The all new digital console not features average fuel efficiency and instantaneous fuel efficiency, distance to empty, two trip meter and also gear position indicator.
- Now the Shine Sp gets al new digital setup LED DC headlight.
- At the front its gets telescopic forks and at the back it gets hydraulic shock absorbers at the rear.
- The Shine SP gets standard 130 mm drum unit at both the wheel and also optional 240 mm disc brake as an option which include CBS technology with equalizer.
Honda Shine Variant-
Honda Shine SP 125 is available in two variant-
Drum variant(standard variant)
Disc brake variant.
Honda Shine SP 125 BS-VI Colors Option-
The new bike comes with all new sticker and available in 4 color option-
Mat Axis Grey Metallic
Imperial Red Metallic
Pearl Siren Blue &
Honda Shine SP BS-6(BS-VI) Price-
For the drum variant the ex-showroom Delhi price is Rs. 72,900.
Rs. 77,100 for disc brake variant ex-showroom Delhi.
With the launch of Shine SP 125, it is expected Honda will introduce BS-VI norms to their every motorcycle range under the time frame of 2-3 months.
Do comment what you like and dis-like in the all BS-VI Shine SP 125.