Royal Enfield recently launched their first ever 650 cc motorcycle – the Interceptor 650 and the continental GT 650. It gets Parallel twin engine first in the Royal Enfield family. The Interceptor and the continental has been priced so aggressively that why it became a eye’s attraction for everyone. The Interceptor riding position is relaxed and can be your great highway companion whereas the continental Gt is in cafe-racer design thus low seat height, low set clip on handle bar, rear set foot pegs which makes the continental Gt for enthusiasm rider.
Royal Enfiend Interceptor 650
Royal Enfield Continental Gt 650
Continental GT & Interceptor 650 Specification –
- Royal Enfield Continental Gt & Interceptor 650 both powered with 649 cc, oil cooled parallel-twin engine that produces max. power output of 47 bhp and peak torque of 52 Nm @ 5000 rpm. The torque band is low and the 70 to 80 % of the torque comes 2000 rpm. Earlier RE bikes used to have a lot of vibration but this is not the same with this bike. The bike gets 6 speed gear box and have a top speed of 160 kmph approx.
- The bike also gets slipper clutch for litter clutch operation.
- Fuel tank capacity is 12.5 Liters out of which 1.5 is reserve. Royal Enfield claim a fuel efficiency of approx 20-22 Kmpl. Mileage depends on how one ride, it is the approx assumption you can get more or less also.
- The bike gets Fuel Injected fuel delivery system to ensure there is no power loss and the bike can response according to ones’s throttle input.
- The bike gets analogue speedometer and tachometer and a small digital screen displaying trip-meter and fuel gauge.
- The Royal Enfield Continental Gt and Interceptor gets 41 mm telescopic forks at the front and at the rear it gets twin shock absorbers.
- For controlling this 650 cc machine, at the front it gets 320 mm disc and at the rear it gets 240 mm rear disc and for ensuring safety the bike gets dual-channel ABS as standard.
- The bike gets 18 inch spoked wheels. The front is 100/90 cross-sectional tire and at the rear it gets 130/ 70 tire.
- Dimension wise the bike is (2122 x 744 x 1024)mm (l x w x h).
- Ground Clearance is 174 mm.
- Kerb Weight of the bike is 198 Kg.
Also Read- Royal Enfield Himalayan ABS
Continental GT & Interceptor 650 Colors –
Both bike have different and interesting color options. So, make sure you see 3D overview of the bike.
Continental Gt 650 Color options-
The Continental is available in 5 color options-
- Ice Queen
- Ventura Blue
- Mister Clean
- Black Magic
- Dr. Mayhem
Interceptor 650 color options-
The Interceptor is available in 6 color options-
- Orange Crush
- Glitter and dust
- Silver Spectre
- Baker Express
- Mark Tree
- Ravishing Red
Continental GT & Interceptor 650 Price-
The price starts from Rs. 2.50 lakhs for the Interceptor 650 and Rs. 2.65 lakhs for Continental Gt 650.
The above mentioned prices are all ex-showroom Delhi.
Also Read- Royal Enfield Classic 350 ABS