Bajaj Pulsar 220F has been upgraded with ABS for the year 2019. ABS is only available in the Pulsar 220F C&G model which was recently introduced by the Bajaj in the end of 2018. An , addition ABS indicator has been added in the speedometer. Other than that there is no any changes. Pulsar series styling had been ahead of its times, still now the design doesn’t look boring. And, the credit goes to Bajaj, the minor changes in graphics that all, it needed to boost the Pulsar Series. Major percentage of sales of Bajaj bike comes from Pulsar. The case will also be same for other Pulsar 150 & 180 just like Pulsar 220F. There is also rumors that Pulsar 125 Ns can be launch in India as Bajaj is already exporting 125 Ns to other countries.
However, there is still disappointment as Pulsar 220F is only getting Single Channel ABS. I don’t understand this Why Bajaj is prefering Single Channel ABS ???, If we can pay more than 1 lakhs of money, onroad for the bike why we can’t pay extra few thousand !!
Pulsar 220F Specification-
There is no change in specification. You can skip this part if you know already. 🙂
- Engine-Pulsar 220F is powered with 220 cc, 4-stroke, 2-Valve, Twin Spark, DTS-I Engine that produces max, power output of 20.93 PS @8500 RPM and peak torque of 18.55 Nm @ 7000 RPM with 5-Speed gear transmission. The engine is a oil cooled engine.
- Brakes-Pulsar 220F gets 260 mm front Disc and 230 mm rear Disc. ABS ring is provided in both the wheel, but its gets Single Channel ABS, the ABS ring in the rear wheel is for calculating the rear wheel speed, so under heavy braking the rear wheel don’t lift up.
- Tyres-At the front it gets 90/90-17 tyre and at the rear it gets 120/80-17 tyre. Both the tyres are tubeless.
- Suspension– At the front it gets telescopic forks with anti-friction bush and at the rear it gets 5-way adjustable Nitrox shock absorber. The suspension does their job well.
- Dimension- Dimension wise the bike is(2035 x 1165 x 750)mm (l x h x w). Wheelbase is of 1350 mm.
- Ground Clearance- The bike have a ground clearance of 165 mm.
- kerb Weight- Pulsar 220F weights 155 kg.
- Fuel Tank- Pulsar 220F have fuel tank of 15 Litres. And, considering it mileage 35-40 Kmpl it can give a range of more than 500 kms in full tank.
Pulsar 220F Features-
- The bike gets Semi-fairing at the front, which enhances its look and give it a more sporty appeal. Also, the fairing helps the rider from Wind Protection.
- Analog + Digital speedometer gives all the necessary information needed.
- The bike gets LED signature tail lamp of Pulsar. However, upgrading the indicators to L.E.D would be a good upgrade from the company.
- The bike gets maintenance free battery.
- All, entire Pulsar from 150 gets back-lit switches which is segment first. Still, now no bike offer this.
- The bike is totally value for money at the price point.
Pulsar 220F ABS Color Options-
As, mentioned ABS is available in C&G model. There are two color options to choose for now.
- Red in black
- Blue in Black
There is no official information available for any more color option in the Pulsar 220F ABS model. In future, if the company announces any new color I will update it as soon as I get.
So, do subscribe Us.
Pulsar 220F Price-
Pulsar 220F is price at Rs. 98,694 ex-showroom Delhi. In comparison to the old price the price for the ABS variant will be around 1 lakh 5 thousand ex-showroom Delhi. The extra ABS unit will increase the price by 8 thousands(approx).
*I will put the original price when it will be officially available.
Overview of Pulsar 220f ABS-
Pulsar 220F is a very good choice and it has always been. But, there are some mini complaints from the user that it should get an extra gear i.e, 6 speed gear transmission will make it even a more better option. And, Bajaj should give it a more update with Dual Channel ABS, that would make it the most value product in the market under 1.5 lakh.
Still you have any confusion or question feel free to comment and contact me !!
Also Read- Yamaha R15 V3 ABS